My Experience: Baking with friends

Have you ever tried the magnificent science of 'Baking'? Maybe you have or maybe you haven't yet. Anyways... in my opinion you should try it. It is really fun and honestly I always enjoy it a lot. I have baked quite a few times: with my family, with my friends and by myself.

One fine day in January 2020 (the exact date was 11th January 2020), two of my best friends and I decided to bake a cake. Agent "Potato", Agent "Time Consumer" and Agent "Cheese Puff" (That will be me... The cheese puff) were getting all the ingredients together while one of us was frantically searching for recipes online. Once we found the perfect (and the easiest) one, we were ready to start our mission: "MISSION BAKE CAKE"

We got a LARGE bowl and began to put the ingredients into it. We began with the 'maida' (flour) then a LOT of sugar followed by baking soda, butter, milk, chocolate, chocolate syrup and chocolate powder. And of course I do not remember the order. At least I remember what went in!
Everything was going fine... until the milk came along. We measured the amount of milk very carefully and set it aside to pour it in later. I was setting the temperature to preheat the oven, Agent Potato was mixing all the ingredients that were in bowl (milk, chocolate syrup and chocolate pieces not included) and Agent Time Consumer was walking around the kitchen with a lost mind. I had soon began the preheating of the oven and went ahead to take over and start mixing. I didn't know that Agent Potato had added the milk and I (not even looking at the batter) added a little bit more milk and began mixing. It was okay since apparently she did not add enough milk. Now, the ratio was perfect and the cake was coming along well. Then, it was Agent Time Consumer's turn to mix the batter while Agent Potato and I searched for the best chocolate to put in. Not knowing that there was already enough milk, she put in the rest of the container of milk inside and began to mix.
Soon, she said "I think the batter is mixed enough" and I went to check the batter. The batter was very thin for some reason. That is when Agent Potato discovered the empty cup of milk. She asked, "DID YOU PUT IN THE REST OF THE MILK IN?" Agent Time Consumer confessed that she had indeed put the milk in. I looked at the batter once again. We all knew that the batter is way too thin and that the cake probably would not cook. That is when I started screaming in kind of a crazy panic "CODE RED! CODE RED! ATTA LAO KOI (Someone bring the wheat flour)! CODE RED CODE RED!!!!" While looking all around the kitchen and inside cabinets. I found it quite quickly and we all started to open the box which for some reason was difficult. But, once we managed to open it, We gave a sigh of relief and little by little, started to put some in while continuously mixing it, and before anyone says it, NO I DO NOT OWN A STAND OR HAND MIXER. Soon, after a lot of mixing, the consistency of the batter was finally correct. I tasted a little bit of batter and then I remembered that we did not put the chocolate in! We quickly scurried towards the chocolates and then picked a delicious Dairy Milk chocolate, opened it up and started putting the pieces in. Agent Potato was convinced that the cake WOULD NOT BAKE AT ALL. I suggested that we should be positive. We baked it at 180 degrees celcius for 40-45 minutes.

While the cake was baking, we were having a blast with a small photo shoot, unwillingly finishing up our homework and studying for a test. 45 minutes had now passed. The oven called out to us with a beeping sound. We ran to the kitchen and checked on the cake. We put in a toothpick in the cake to check whether it had completely baked or not and it was perfectly done. The cake looked soft and very tasty. But, we couldn't eat it just yet. The decoration was missing! We got out some white chocolate chips from the refrigerator and put it on the cake with a very teeny tiny bit of chocolate syrup. I was looking at Agent Potato and smiling knowing that I won. I knew that we would end up with
an AWESOMEthe BEST cake we had ever made.

We let the cake cool down for a few minutes, got out three forks and started our new mission: MISSION FINISH THE CAKE. We were very full after
eatingdevouring the cake. All of us really loved it a lot. It was the best cake I (well...we) had made!
I really hope you enjoyed reading this experience of mine.
Stay safe Stay healthy!

Comments

  1. Could imagine it all... Lol... Good

    ReplyDelete
  2. like names of your friends ..... err agents ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you
      I will surely convey this
      To Agent Potato and Agent Time-Consumer!!

      Delete
  3. Awwww... I really had fun too that day boi!! And yes lets be honest, I always am the pessimistic one in the group...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Agent Potato!
      Yes you are always the pessimistic one in the group but you are awesome just as you are!!
      <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My ADVENTUROUS Journey

WHAT A "GREAT" DAY!!

Update: I'm Still Here